‘Laughter is the sun
that drives winter
from the human face.’
~ Victor Hugo
Lots of exciting happenings in the sky this weekend.
For the first time since November 3, 2013,
the Moon will completely cover the disk of the Sun
on March 20, resulting in a total solar eclipse.
The Spring equinox occurs more than 12 hours after the eclipse ends.
To read more of the story visit: Farmers Almanac
Lots of talk about GlassWare lately,
I love my GlassWare, the tools of my trade,
which is why we offer GlassWare on the website.
looking for beakers, funnels, stirring rods, etc ..
ALL GLASS .. visit our supples page:
‘Nothing is more beautiful
than the loveliness of the woods
~ George Washington Carver
Its been a very rough Winter Season for some of us around the USA.
Between the cold weather and howling winds,
the heat in the house drying out our skin ..
it is time to make some Body Creme and pamper
your skin .. Face, hands, elbows, feet .. all over.
Easy to make body creme:
(and remember its your creation
you can formulate this to your liking)
– 1 cup (16oz) Shea butter Organic
– 1/4 cup Virgin Coconut Carrier Oil Organic
– 1 tsp of Vitamin E oil (Non Gmo if possible)
– 1/2 oz of your favorite essential oil or blend
(ie Lavender, Sandalwood, etc)
I like to add equal parts:
– 1 Tsp Rosehip Organic (highest form of Vit C for your skin)
– 1 Tsp Evening Primrose Carrier Oil Organic
1. in a bowl add your Shea butter, VCO, Vit E
2. then blend your essential oil & rosehip / evening primrose mix and add to the bowl.
3. with either your kitchen aid or hand mixer ..
whip til it is the texture of meringue.
Because you are not adding any water you really do not have to worry about bacteria .
(Remember Vit E is NOT a preservative).
4. Once you have the texture you desire, place your body creme into a jar,
tapping on a cushioned pad to pack down and to get the air out.
Let us be grateful to people
who make us happy,
they are the charming gardeners
who make our souls blossom.
~ Marcel Proust
And so, another season is coming to an end ..
isn’t it funny how by the end of a Season ..
we are ready to see it go.
I am so looking forward to Spring coming to Maine,
seeing what survived the winter,
the herbal beds, and flower beds, to be created ..
There is so much to discover here ..
Life is full and Spring is bursting with New Life, New Beginnings ..
~ until next time .. be well, Rosanne