There are many different ways of using essential oils to incorporate them safely into your life. Here are some examples:
Using Essential Oils In the Bath:
Dilute a few drops in honey, whole milk or carrier oil.
Remember ‘oil and water do not mix’.
Usually the ratio is:
- 5 drops of essential oil into a Tbsp (15ml) of Carrier oil of your choice and add to your bath.
- 5 drops of essential oil into a cup of whole milk and add to your bath.
- 5 drops of essential oil into 1 oz of bath salts. Drop the essential oils into your salts and stir, then add to bath. I love a mix of Himalayan salt, epsom salt and sea salt combo.
Bath Salt Beneficial properties:
The wonderful benefits/properties of this mixture include:
- Relaxing the nervous system: stress drains the body of magnesium and increases levels of adrenaline. When dissolved in warm water the salt is absorbed through the skin and replenishes the level of magnesium in the body. Magnesium helps to produce serotonin, a mood elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of calm and relaxation.
- Helping skin problems, soothing aching limbs, easing muscle strain and drawing toxins from your body.
5 drops of essential oil into 1/2 cup bath salts mix.
A favorite is Peppermint and Tea tree.
Foot Soak Beneficial Properties:
- Treat athlete’s foot
- Treat toenail fungus (use at least 3x per day)
- Helps draw out splinters
- Soothe sprains and bruises – add 2 cups of salt mix
Using Essential Oils for Massage:
Properly diluted: 2.5% or less for full body massage
We offer a full line of pre-made massage oils for you to try!
- Inhalation: i.e. diffuser for your environment or Inhaler
- Steam Inhalation: a very hot bowl of water, ‘tent a towel’ over your head to contain the steam. this is great for sinus problems or a facial
- Botanical Perfume: all natural that you apply to your pulse points
- Aromatic Jewelry for inhalation
- All Natural Skin Care: make your own moisturizers, in facials (1% dilution), cleansers
- Hair Care: add to your conditioner, massage into scalp then rinse out.
- Car Diffusers: when making a long road trip to keep you alert
- Linen Spray (lavender is the most popular, or the essential oil of your choice).